HitmanN.net Forum Index HitmanN.net
The place of things cute'n sexy!

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 
 ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

How much does it takes Hitmann to make a complete art piece.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanN.net Forum Index -> HitmanN and his art
View previous topic :: View next topic  
isacloboz
Level 10

Coinage 13.05
Legend Upkeep

PostPosted: Sat Nov 23, 2013 8:51 pm    Post subject: How much does it takes Hitmann to make a complete art piece. Reply with quote

Actually this is a veiled request for a tutorial on how do you make your art. That is how many sketches you make before a final draft, do you make color tests? how do you select the colors or plan the drawings.

No detail is to small.
HitmanN
Level 22

Coinage 2752.55
Legend Upkeep

Has voted in this topic:No

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

1. How do I plan my images? Inside my head! Once I'm obsessed with an idea enough to come up with a plan for composition and image dimensions, I try to sketch it out.

2. Generally I don't do many sketches. I just do one, and keep molding it until I have a draft I'm satisfied with. Until this point I use just a pen or pencil tool. The draft is usually around 1000-1600px in each dimension in size. I consider this low-resolution.

3. If I'm going to just colour the draft lines and thus keep the image low-res, I clean the lines a bit, by erasing unwanted stray lines and leftovers from sketching, and strengthening the lines that seem too thin or weak. If I plan to ink and go hi-res, then I might skip this step.

4. If I go hi-res, I roughly double or triple the image size, add new layer(s) and then use a thick pen tool to trace over the draft lines. If I stay low-res, then I skip this step.

5. For colouring, I don't have any methods for selecting the colours. I just go with whatever seems best at quick glance. However, I often try to have a theme for the colours. Basically means that I use similar colours a lot on many things. Complementary colours (opposites) are also a good way to make the image more interesting and striking. For instance, purple hair and green eyes, or vice versa. Quite often it's fitting to use cooler colours for shaded bits. I place each object's colour on a different layer, to make editing easier. I use a variety of tools at this stage, but mainly pen, pencil and airbrush.

6. Lastly, I fine-tune the image and add effects. This can include a lot of things. Adding glow is one common thing. A new layer on top of everything else and I go airbrushing (generally) white over places that need to glow or reflect light. I also often edit individual colour layers to improve contrast between things. I may even completely change the hue of the entire layer to have a different colour altogether, though I try to avoid having to do that too much, because if the layer has both warm and cool colours, the hues may shift towards undesirable combinations. I may also add more layers on top with image-wide gradients to for sunlight in a corner, or... whatever. Truth is, I can't be arsed to type everything I might do. I do whatever I feel the image needs, be it cleaning, editing, effects, whatever.

7. Done.
TomServo1
Level 7

Coinage 18.45
Legend Upkeep

Has voted in this topic:No

PostPosted: Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, a new post! Now Hitmann has nothing else to hide Razz
Post new topic   Reply to topic    HitmanN.net Forum Index -> HitmanN and his art All times are GMT + 2 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: